Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing # 9 Blogs and News Feeders

I liked Technorati for finding Blogs and Syndic8 for finding feeds. Google Blog Search (Advanced Search) is a second favorite for finding blogs.

Technorati offers a directory of topics that allows you to choose from a broad list. After you choose your topic, it is narrowed, allowing you to find exactly what you are looking for. However, the list is not as extensive and specific as you can get with an advanced search in Google Blog. I was able with Technorati to find a great Blog called, Mystery Book Reviews.

Syndic8 is great for finding feeds. Unlike the others, it has a "bio" feature that provides pertinent information about the feed. This feature, I believe, would better serve searchers if it were provided with the results found versus having to open each result which could be thousands to get the information. I was able to find a very good feed that I added to my Google Reader as well, Health Made Easy.

For finding blogs, SuprGlu was too many steps, but it did provide information about the blogger and hence the blog that would help you narrow your search.

No comments: