Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #11 Library Thing

What a user-friendly cataloger! I can't recall having an easier cataloging experience. I plan to catalog my recipe book collection. I have so many that sometimes I can't remember who borrowed what. Library Thing will be my maintenance tool.

I plan to create an account for my school and have teachers and staff members catalog at least five personal professional books. We will then use the library to share.

I wish Library Thing had a "SWAP" icon. Why buy a book, if its cheaper to swap or share.

Library Thing has good book discussion potential. I followed a discussion on Book Repair that was quite useful and interesting. In my travels both domestically and abroad, I've visited a number of libraries. After reading the discussion, I was tempted to start one on the most interesting or unusual libraries visited.

No comments: