Friday, July 25, 2008

Thing #6 Mashups and Third Party Sites

I enjoyed making a trading card. I made a Sherlock Holmes' card. He's one of my favorite slueths. I have favorite mystery slueths, authors, movies, etc.

While the card was easy to make, I did run into a challenge. I'm going to have to figure out how to edit a card once its made and saved to My Pictures. I did not see an editing tool at the trading card site. I'm hoping one is available and I just missed it.

I plan to make a special "trading card" iron-on as a way of encouraging students to make one of a special storybook character, personal name, native american topic, math problem, etc. They will probably enjoy it as their generation is known as the "graphic-T"(t-shirt) generation. There are so many things that can be done with mashups. It will be interesting to see student ideas.

1 comment:

VWB said...

not sure what you mean about needing to edit...edit the picture?
has to be done before putting in trading card.
you can use the editing program that is on the laptop or there is a way to edit a picture using PPT!

if you mean after it is in thetrading card....you can cut away parts with a crop tool...easiest one for me is in PPT

call the office and we can talk!