Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing #8 Google Reader

Google Reader allows you to get your news in one area via a subscription icon.

What I liked about the reader is that you can paste a URL of a favorite site that has Real Simple Syndication (RSS) and receive updates as they happen. I attempted to put in sites that did not have RSS, it would not let me do this and informed that they were not RSS sites.

I also liked how such a reader brings the news to you in short synopsis way. You can quickly get an update or click on the article's title and read it entirely. I'm time conscious and so is it. The teachers would love it. It so quick. We can use it to stay current as someone is always inquiring about the news.

I'm on a librarian distribution list and sometimes other librarians send dead links to articles that sound interesting. With Google Reader, they can share the article with a note and we can have a discussion around it.

No comments: