Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thing #7 Google

I really liked Google Alert and Google Earth!

I set up Google Alert to send topics to me about Diet and Nutrition. I recieved some wonderful articles. Attached is one that discusses how fructose sugar impacts the body. What's interesting is that this is a Texas study done by SMU. Texas ranks top among the fattest cities in America.

I plan to definitely show teachers how to use Google Alert. This is a tool that can help them stay abreast of changes that are taking place in education and their particular areas of study.

I loved playing with Google Earth! I flew to my house and just about everyone I knew. This is a great geography tool. Third graders have to make maps of their communities. They can be shown via Google Earth a true depiction of their neighborhood and then use it make one using technology.

No comments: