Friday, November 27, 2009

Slideshare

Although I liked Slideshare, I could not see the immediate benefits for elementary age children. The site is really for adults, but you can download slides for students to use. There is a great slideshow called "Native Americans of Texas". Fourth graders would enjoy it.

Presentations I think 5th graders and up will enjoy are "50 Useless Yet Interesting Facts" and "Mr. X Saves the Earth". They are great! "Mr. X" is about a stick figures journey to find answers about the world's problems, overpopulation, pollutions, etc.

Since reading slides are like reading books, I wish there was a Slideshare for kids or education. I would like to see students share slides in a medium specifically designed for them. They would benefit from learning what and how much information to share. If it's created like the adult version, students would have immediate access to similiar presentations and be able to comment on their experience.

Another interesting thing about Slideshare is that you can download movies. I almost downloaded "Planet of the Apes".

No comments: