Friday, November 6, 2009

Image Generators 2

I like the idea of using word clouds such as Wordle or Wordsift to express the attributes of a concept. However, I do prefer Wordle over Wordsift because of its user-friendliness, graphics and I did not want my elementary age students having access to the web pictures that might possibly be inappropriate. I was able to create this Wordle at http://www.wordle.net/.

I like Glogster. It took me a while to figure out that in order to add the text you have to click the edit icon. Anyway, this particular medium will allow students to share their works beyond the classroom wall. Teachers can have student to make a poster for the classroom as well as one online to share with those who do not have campus access.


Voicethread was my favorite because I saw how the skill of teaching a student how to appropriately evaluate another student's work as well as accept criticism could be taught and learned. It would be great with the 4th grade native american projects. Students could take a picture of a particular tribe and discuss various aspects of it. Also what a wonderful way to evaluate writing samples.

Since we are concerned with internet safety, a Voki could be used by a student as a way of ensuring anonymity.

I attached my animoto in a separate posting. It was done quickly to meet the requirements. Animotos can use as a way of sharing knowledge learned.

Bookr is good tool for telling a story through pictures or for making a wordless picture book. It would be great one if it allowed you to use pictures from other sources. It allows pictures from Flickr only.


2 comments:

VWB said...

you should create a sample and add it here

Screen Saver said...

This was lengthy posting but I lost it. It took me a long to work through all of the 2.0s and by the time, I finished I'd lost my internet connection.